User Access management
ThingsBoard Edge user access managements depends on the cloud version.
ThingsBoard CE User Access management
Tenant Administrator users
Once ThingsBoard Edge connected to ThingsBoard CE cloud every tenant administrator user will be transferred to edge and any of these users will be able to login into ThingsBoard Edge UI.
Tenant Administrator user is able to create or remove devices on the edge.
Tenant Administrator has read access to all other entities that are available on the edge.
If Edge entity has been assigned to customer on the cloud then every customer user entity will be transferred to edge and any of these users will be able to login into ThingsBoard Edge UI.
Customer user is able to view devices on the edge he has access to on the cloud.
Customer user has read access to all other entities that are assigned to edge and that he has access on the cloud.
- Getting started guides - Provide quick overview of main ThingsBoard Edge features. Designed to be completed in 15-30 minutes:
Installation guides - Learn how to setup ThingsBoard Edge on various available operating systems and connect to ThingsBoard CE/PE server.
Edge Rule Engine:
Overview - Learn about ThingsBoard Edge Rule Engine.
Rule Chain Templates - Learn how to use ThingsBoard Edge Rule Chain Templates.
Provision Rule Chains from cloud to edge - Learn how to provision edge rule chains from cloud to edge.
Push data from edge to cloud and vice versa - Learn how to push data from edge to cloud and vice versa.
- gRPC over SSL/TLS - Learn how to configure gRPC over SSL/TLS for communication between edge and cloud.
- Manage alarms and RPC requests on edge devices - This guide will show how to generate local alarms on the edge and send RPC requests to devices connected to edge:
- Data filtering and traffic reduce - This guide will show how to send to cloud from edge only filterd amount of device data:
- Roadmap - ThingsBoard Edge roadmap.