This guide describes how to install ThingsBoard Professional Edition from AWS Marketplace.
With this option you pay for Thingsboard Professional Edition on hourly basis.
- Step 1. Select ThingsBoard PE Instance Type
- Step 2. Subscribe to Selected Instance Type
- Step 3. Accept Terms and Conditions
- Step 4. Continue to Configuration
- Step 5. Choose your Region
- Step 6. Read Usage Instructions
- Step 7. Choose your EC2 Instance Type
- Step 8. Configure Security Group Settings
- Step 9. Open EC2 console
- Step 10. Obtain your Public IP and EC2 Instance ID
- Step 11. Connect to Thingsboard UI
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Next steps
- Active Amazon AWS account
Step 1. Select ThingsBoard PE Instance Type
Select one of the available AWS Marketplace Subscriptions:
- AWS Marketplace: ThingsBoard PE Maker
- AWS Marketplace: ThingsBoard PE Prototype
- AWS Marketplace: ThingsBoard PE Startup
- AWS Marketplace: ThingsBoard PE Business
- AWS Marketplace: ThingsBoard PE Enterprise
Step 2. Subscribe to Selected Instance Type
- Press Continue to Subscribe button
Step 3. Accept Terms and Conditions
- Review and Accept all Terms and Conditions
Step 4. Continue to Configuration
Once Step 3 is completed you are able to save money by purchasing annual subscription and/or continue to configuration.
Step 5. Choose your Region
Select your region and continue to launch
Step 6. Read Usage Instructions
Make sure you review the usage instructions
Step 7. Choose your EC2 Instance Type
You can optionally change your EC2 Instance Type, VPC and Subnet.
Step 8. Configure Security Group Settings
Make sure you create new Security Group based on seller settings. You can optionally select different or create new KeyPair for your instance.
Populate necessary Security Group name and details and save new group
Finally, click “Launch”.
Step 9. Open EC2 console
Once Launch is complete, you can navigate to EC2 console to find out the Public IP address of the newly created instance.
Step 10. Obtain your Public IP and EC2 Instance ID
In AWS EC2 console you need to wait while instance state will be changes to running and all Status checks will be finished.
On the image above example instance has this Public DNS name
Step 11. Connect to Thingsboard UI
Now you can open this link in your browser:
In this example:
Use this login to connect as system Administrator
Default password for System Administrator is Instance ID (from Step 10). In this example:
Now you can proceed to the next steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
See FAQ for information.
Getting started guides - These guides provide quick overview of main ThingsBoard features. Designed to be completed in 15-30 minutes.
Connect your device - Learn how to connect devices based on your connectivity technology or solution.
Data visualization - These guides contain instructions how to configure complex ThingsBoard dashboards.
Data processing & actions - Learn how to use ThingsBoard Rule Engine.
IoT Data analytics - Learn how to use rule engine to perform basic analytics tasks.
Hardware samples - Learn how to connect various hardware platforms to ThingsBoard.
Advanced features - Learn about advanced ThingsBoard features.
Contribution and Development - Learn about contribution and development in ThingsBoard.