ThingsBoard REST API may be explored using Swagger UI. You can explore REST API of the live-demo server using this Swagger UI link.
To explore REST API provided by ThingsBoard Professional Edition please use the following Swagger UI link.
Once you will install ThingsBoard server you can open UI using the following URL:
REST API Auth
ThingsBoard uses JWT for request auth. You will need to populate “X-Authorization” header using “Authorize” button in the top-right corner of the Swagger UI.
In order to get the JWT token, you need to execute the following request:
In case of local installation:
- replace $THINGSBOARD_URL with 127.0.0.1:8080
In case of live-demo server:
- replace $THINGSBOARD_URL with demo.thingsboard.io
- replace [email protected] with your live-demo username (email)
- replace tenant password with your live-demo password
The easiest way to get your account is to use ThingsBoard Cloud server.
- Now, you should set ‘X-Authorization’ to “Bearer $YOUR_JWT_TOKEN”
Java REST API Client
ThingsBoard team provides client library written in Java to simplify consumption of the REST API. Please see Java REST API Client documentation page for more details.