The respective page offers the capability to observe and analyze all the sessions stored within the broker’s system. This encompasses both the existing online sessions, representing clients currently connected to the broker, and the disconnected sessions of persistent clients. By accessing this page, users can gain a comprehensive overview of all stored sessions, enabling them to monitor and manage both the active and historical records of client interactions with the broker.
To access the detailed information of the current TBMQ sessions, please follow these steps:
1. Session details. Navigate to the left-hand menu and click on ‘Sessions.’ Then, click on the session row. The details dialog will appear, providing you with basic information about the session:
- Connected Status (Connected/Disconnected).
- Connected At time.
- Disconnected At time.
- Keep Alive (seconds) - indicates the duration for which the Broker and Client can remain without communication before the session is closed.
- Node ID.
- Clean Start. If the checkbox is set to true, it means that the session is non-persistent. In other words, all information and messages from the previous persistent session will be lost upon disconnection.
- Client ID.
- Client IP.
- Client type (Device/Application).
2. Disconnect Client. To disconnect a client, click on the “Disconnect client” button. Please note that only
Connected clients can be disconnected.
3. Remove Client. To remove a client session, click on the “Remove session” button. Keep in mind that only
Disconnected clients can be removed.
Users can view various details about the subscriptions associated with a session, such as:
- The number of current subscriptions
- Topic filters
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- The share group name for the Shared Subscriptions feature.
While session details are generally read-only, users can effectively manage their subscriptions within the session, making additions, removals, and edits as needed. Here are the available actions for managing subscriptions:
- To add a new subscription, click on the “Add Subscription” button.
- To remove a subscription, click on the “Delete” icon associated with the specific subscription.
- To edit existing Topic filter or QoS, make the desired changes in the provided form and click the “Update” button.
Please note that the Shared Subscriptions feature is read-only, meaning that modifications to shared subscriptions are not allowed.