What is ThingsBoard?
ThingsBoard is an open-source IoT platform that enables rapid development, management and scaling of IoT projects.
Our goal is to provide the out-of-the-box IoT cloud or on-premises solution that will enable server-side infrastructure for your IoT applications.
With ThingsBoard, you are able to:
- Provision devices, assets and customers and define relations between them.
- Collect and visualize data from devices and assets.
- Analyze incoming telemetry and trigger alarms with complex event processing.
- Control your devices using remote procedure calls (RPC).
- Build work-flows based on device life-cycle event, REST API event, RPC request, etc
- Design dynamic and responsive dashboards and present device or asset telemetry and insights to your customers
- Enable use-case specific features using customizable rule chains.
- Push device data to other systems.
- Much more…
See ThingsBoard features list for more features and useful links to the specific feature documentation.
ThingsBoard is designed to be:
- scalable: horizontally scalable platform, build using leading open-source technologies.
- fault-tolerant: no single-point-of-failure, every node in the cluster is identical.
- robust and efficient: single server node can handle tens or even hundreds thousands of devices depending on use-case.
ThingsBoard cluster can handle millions of devices.
- customizable: adding new functionality is easy with customizable widgets and rule engine nodes.
- durable: never lose your data.
See ThingsBoard Architecture for more details.
Ready to get started?
Hello World Application