What is ThingsBoard?
ThingsBoard is an open-source IoT platform that enables rapid development, management and scaling of IoT projects.
With ThingsBoard, you are able to:
- Provision and control devices.
- Collect and visualize data from devices.
- Analyze device data and trigger alarms with complex event processing.
- Deliver device data to other systems.
- Build workflows based on device life-cycle event, REST API event, RPC request, etc
- Enable use-case specific features using customizable rule chains.
Our goal is to provide the out-of-the-box IoT cloud or on-premises solution that will enable server-side infrastructure for your IoT applications.
- scalable: horizontally scalable platform, build using leading open-source technologies.
- fault-tolerant: no single-point-of-failure, every node in the cluster is identical.
- robust and efficient: single server node can handle tens or even hundreds thousands of devices depending on use-case.
ThingsBoard cluster can handle millions of devices.
- customizable: adding new functionality is easy with customizable widgets and rule engine nodes.
- durable: never lose your data.
See ThingsBoard Architecture for more details.
Note You can also connect existing devices to the platform using ThingsBoard Gateway.
Ready to get started?
Hello World Application