In this guide we will describe how to connect standard ThingsBoard widgets located on the dashboard with Trendz View. You can do this using ThingsBoard dashboard aliases and Trendz View - with filter alias from Trendz widget Bundle.
Example: we have 10 Machine devices in ThingsBoard. We want to create a dashboard that will show all Machine devices in a list and once device selected - other widget on the dashboard should show details about selected device. In total we will have 2 widgets on the dashboard:
- Entity List - will show list of devices
- Trendz view - line chart that will show temperature of selected device
On ThingsBoard side we setup a dashboard and add 2 widgets. Detailed instruction how to do this is not part of this tutorial, so here are brief steps:
- Create all_devices alias that resolves all devices with type Machine
- Create selected_device alias with type entity form dashboard state - this alias hold reference to selected device
- Add Entity List widget and use all_devices alias as a datasource
- Configure On row click action that will save selected device to selected_device alias
- Save dashboard
On Trendz View side:
- Open view in Trendz
- Add Machine field to filter section - it will allow us to filter Machines by name
- Save View
- Copy Link to this view
Return to ThingsBoard Dashboard:
- Edit dashboard
- Add Trendz View - with filter alias from Trendz widget Bundle to the dashboard
- Set selected_device as a datasource for Trendz View
- Use name as a key from alias
- Switch to Advanced tab
- Insert link to view into View URL
- Insert Machine into Filter Name - content of this field should be the same as it typed in Trendz View Filter
- Save Dashboard
Now, every time when selected_device alias updated, value if its Entity Name would be inserted into Trendz View filter.
If multiple filters configured in Trendz View - system will match required filter by name.
Getting started guide - These guide provide quick overview of main Trendz features.
Installation guides - Learn how to setup ThingsBoard on various available operating systems.
Calculated Fields - Learn about Calculated fields and how to use them.
States - Learn how to define and analyse states for assets based on raw telemetry.
Group and Aggregate data - Learn how to group and aggregate data in Trendz.
Prediction - Learn how to make forecasts and predict telemetry behavior.
Filters - Learn how filter dataset during analysis.
Available Visualizations - Learn about visualization widgets available in Trendz and how to configure them.